Friday, May 10, 2013

Moving Day

WOW - where has the time gone? We have had a busy couple of weeks. We moved to our new apartment and we love it! Britta's home was beautiful and had a beautiful yard. Our new home has it's perks too. We got our new companion last Saturday and this necessitated a move to larger quarters. We moved about 7 miles north of where we were to Clovis. We're in a three bedroom, two bath apartment in a gated community. The apartment had been newly painted and carpeted for us to move in. The mission housing missionary spoiled us rotten by furnishing our place comfortably. We had a crew of young, strong Elders who moved out stuff from Britta's and unpacked and assembled furniture here. These are some pictures of the moving crew followed by our new digs.


Elders hard at work
 

Cute Elder Dunford
Elder Williams



Sister Williams and Britta supervising the assembly of our kitchen table and chairs!





The whole moving crew!

We love these Elders. They helped us so much and saved us a ton of work!
This is the finished project - still a work in progress................ The complex has a swimming pool and hot tub, but this body doesn't do bathing suits anymore so I won't be spending any time there. (Of course when it's 115 degrees for a month straight, I reserve the option to change my mind. I solemnly promise that if I do, there won't be any pictures of the sight on this blog!!

Front entrance




I have had some amazing experiences already on this mission which have cemented my testimony that I have a purpose and a true calling from the Lord to be here. Words have literally been put into my heart and came out of my mouth with the Holy Ghost guiding me in how to help people who come in to the Employment Resource Center. I would not even call it prompting by the Holy Ghost,as it was a literal and real experience of being used as an instrument in God's hands to say and do those things to help that individual person in that individual situation. I am grateful to be an instrument in His hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment